HUNKERED BUT NOT CONQUERED- DAY 7
I hope everyone is doing great? I have some good news for you, today the 25th of March (Feast of Annunciation) is exactly 9 months to Christmas, so cheer up!
Anyway, as we continue to live our lives moment by moment, I will encourage you to embrace each day with faith and grace. Remember, “though the mountains may fall and the hills turn to dust, yet the love of the Lord will stand as a shelter for all who will call on his name. Sing the praise and glory of God”
Please Note the following:
- For those who requested masses to be celebrated during the week, rest assured that I am offering the masses for your intentions at my private masses. Anyone who needs masses to be said for his or her intentions can contact Rita, our secretary, and arrangements will be made in that regard.
- Please continue to intensify your prayers in your homes during this time. This may not be the Lent we asked for, but it is the Lent we have. Please continue with the Lenten practices of fasting, prayer, scripture reading and alms giving. Discover the spiritual opportunities that this period offers you. Those of us who are technologically inclined can find different APPS they can use. These include: rosary army app, the divine Mercy Chaplet app, Stations of the cross and other devotions. The voice of prayer can never be silent.
- The Holy Father, Pope Francis has asked all Catholics to join him in praying the Our Father today (March 25th– Feast of Annunciation) at noon. This noon prayer is occasioned by the need for prayer during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Please follow this link The Solemnity of the Annunciation: the Moment of Incarnation in Our Lives to read more about today’s feast. It gives you an understanding of the Solemnity of Annunciation.
- Finally, it is especially important to keep in close contact with one another during these times of uncertainty, fear and anxiety. If any parish group is able to communicate and function via online means, I would encourage you to do so as much as possible. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need some pastoral assistance.
Thanks, and God bless everybody. God loves you, and so do I.
In union of prayers
“O God, be gracious and bless us and let your face shed its light upon us”