St. Mary’s Council of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada is part of a dynamic national organization of women whose motto is “for God and Canada”. It is an organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God. The Catholic Women’s League contributes to the life and vitality of the church, family and community, both at home and abroad. Together we work to:
- achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- protect the sanctity of human life.
- enhance the role of women in church and society.
- recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
Membership in the League offers many opportunities such as being able to make new and supportive friends and being able to participate in activities and programs both locally and at the diocesan level, that promote spiritual growth and leadership. You may also attend conventions or become more informed of League activities by reading the League Magazine which can be mailed to you quarterly or by going online to the CWL website.
Take advantage of these opportunities by being active in the Council, even if you cannot always attend meetings. We understand that everyone is very busy. If you feel you don’t have the time to do as much as you would like, perhaps you could focus on one area where you feel you would like to share your skills and time. You can make a difference.
Meetings take place in the Church Boardroom at 7:00 p.m. on the second Monday of every month except July and August. Minutes of these monthly meetings will be e-mailed to members who are online and a copy will also be posted on our bulletin board outside the boardroom so that everyone can be informed of Council activities.
To join or for more information please contact us at the numbers below.
2019-2021 St. Mary’s Catholic Women’s League Executive
- Annette Meadows, President- 613-818-3243
- Michelle Niefer, Organization Chairperson
- Rita Swanson, Secretary
- Iris Callaghan-Boles, Treasurer
- Liz Glover, Spiritual Chairperson
- Allison Moran, Christian Family Life Chairperson
- vacant, Community Life Chairperson
- Maureen Eygenstein, Communications Chairperson
- Mary Janet Walsh, Education and Health Chairperson
- Loretta Souter, Past President & History